Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mio's

I'm finally getting back to catching up on the blog now that I've remembered while at home (since the pictures are on the home laptop). Mio's was the third pizza stop on our quest for the best pizza in Cincinnati. I'm third on the pizza rotation, so I chose Mio's because 1) we're starting with the better pizza places (as opposed to the chains, which we'll do towards the end), and 2) it's about a 2 minute walk from our place and at the moment, Thursday is a running day for me.

I, of course, got a pepperoni pizza, on their traditional crust. For the second pizza, I opted for a vegetarian selection - the GBT (which I think stands for Garlic, Basil, Tomato). The GBT is a white pizza with an alfredo sauce, on their sesame seed crust.




The overall, average ratings ended up being:

(1-5 scale, 1=worst, 5=best)
Appearance (overall): 4.00
Aroma (overall): 4.00
Taste (overall): 3.83
Crust - 3.17
Cheese - 3.83
Toppings - 3.83
Sauce - 3.33

Pepperoni Pizza (overall): 3.67
Specialty Pizza & Menu Options: 3.83
X-factor: 3.17

Kevin thought that Mio's pizza was solid, but not spectacular (which I think we all probably shared the same sentiment). We all preferred the sesame crust over the original crust. The original crust on the pepperoni pizza seemed chewy or rubbery. Nik thought the salad was good, which I agree with, but I thought it was pretty basic (iceberg, onions, tomato, cucumber, cheddar, croutons). Don't get me wrong, I love a good basic salad like this (with some ranch dressing!), but places that have "gourmet" salads with some sort of fruit and fun cheese win me over and will always score more points from me.

Mio's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment