Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pomodori's Pizzeria

Kevin chose Pomodori's Pizzeria for our 5th stop on our quest for the best pizza in Cincinnati, a place I was really looking forward to trying since they do wood-fired oven pizzas with more "gourmet" options for those pizzas. Although you can get non-wood-fired oven pizzas, I was happy that Kevin chose to get the pepperoni pizza as a wood-fired oven pizza. The other wood-fired oven pizza Kevin chose was the fig & prosciutto. Pomodori's is also known for their apple dessert pizza, so Kevin picked up one of those for dessert too.

The lighting for these pictures don't do the pizzas justice, but they still look pretty darn good.





Here's how Pomorodi's scored:

(1-5 scale, 1=worst, 5=best)
Appearance (overall): 4.17
Aroma (overall): 4.00
Taste (overall): 4.33
Crust - 4.25
Cheese - 3.83
Toppings - 4.33
Sauce - 4.50
Pepperoni Pizza (overall): 4.17
Specialty Pizza & Menu Options: 4.25
X-factor: 3.67

We all agreed that the sauce was great - garlicky & spicy. We thought that the pizzas had good flavor and that the crust was nicely cooked and crispy, but Nik and I both thought that the crust could use some salt to give it more flavor. The pepperoni pizza had the small "pepperoni grease boats" like Chi-natti's had (I prefer nice big pepperoni). Kevin doesn't like mushrooms and a lot of the specialty pizzas had mushrooms on them, so he wasn't a fan of that. But, I thought that the fig & prosciutto pizza was delicious, so I had no problem with a non-mushroom specialty pizza! It was a white pizza and had a nice balance of salty (prosciutto) and sweet (figs). Kevin thought that the apple dessert pizza (which we didn't think to take a picture of) was really good. Nik and I both thought that it was pretty good, but dry. It needed more carmelized cinnamon sugar under the apples and a cream cheese frosting or caramel drizzle on top. Overall, Pomodori's is my favorite pizza thus far while ZZ's is my favorite for desserts.

Nik noticed the front of Pomodori's pizza box said this and had to take a picture of it:



I don't know about you, but I've never encountered pizza that I couldn't eat!


Pomodori's Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. "I don't know about you, but I've never encountered pizza that I couldn't eat!"

    I have...Italianette pizza. It is the worst. Ever.

    Pomodori's, however, rates way up there with the best.

    ReplyDelete