Saturday, January 29, 2011

Marco's Pizza

Sorry for the lapse in blogs! We haven't been able to do pizza night the last 2 weeks due to schedule conflicts, and we'll miss pizza night again this coming week since I'll be traveling for work, but we do have 2 posts that I've been lazy on getting up. So, here's the first one, from 4 weeks ago. I braved the snowy yucky weather to head up north a little bit to pick up a couple of pizzas from Marco's Pizza in Deer Park. I had gotten a Living Social deal for Marco's a couple of weeks before this pizza night, so I was able to use it and get and hardly pay anything! On top of that, Marco's always has really good coupons on their website. Despite a little slipping around, I made it up to Marco's safely. When I pulled up to the strip mall that Marco's was located in, I expected it to be you're typical take-out pizza place and was pleasantly surprised to see it had a nice, stone wall and a little sitting area where they actually served you.

I picked us up a Pepperoni pizza (classic crust) and a White Cheezy pizza (thin crust, no bacon). Here's what the pizzas looked like (after sitting in the oven for 30 minutes since Nik & Kevin had to work later than they thought they would):










And it was mine and Nik's 4 year dating anniversary, so I surprised him with a (delicious!) Palermo torte from Servatii's (and he surprised me with flowers :)).



Here's what we thought of Marco's Pizza:

(1-5 scale, 1=worst, 5=best)

Appearance (overall): 3.42
Aroma (overall): 3.88
Taste (overall): 3.92
Crust - 4.33
Cheese - 3.25
Toppings - 4.00
Sauce - 3.83
Pepperoni Pizza (overall): 3.75
Specialty Pizza & Menu Options: 4.42
X-factor: 4.08

While Marco's Pizza isn't our new overall favorite pizza place in Cincinnati, it is my new favorite "not too expensive" pizza place. I really like both of the crusts and the sauce, but unfortunately the cheese brought the pizzas down. Kevin agreed, saying that it was otherwise very good pizza, especially given that with coupons it's relatively inexpensive. I thought that the crusts were perfectly done, and Nik thought that the thin crust was like a Ritz cracker and that the cracker help up in the oven pretty well. I thought that the Pepperoni pizza was salty (in a good way) and a little greasy (but it did sit in the oven for 30 minutes once I got home). And I thought that the White Cheezy pizza was REALLY good with a nice crackery crust. What really helped out the Specialty Pizza & Menu Options and the X-factor was all the crust options and the on-line ordering system. The on-line ordering is super easy and you get to choose:
  • type of sauce
  • amount of sauce
  • crust topper: garlic butter, parmesan, or roma (for free!)
  • bake style: regular, well done, etc.
  • pizza side: garlic butter, marinara, ranch (for free!)

I would definitely pick up pizza from Marco's again, I just wish it was a little closer.

Marco's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment