Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review of Palomino Pizza

Palomino's is a chain Italian restaurant. It's mainly known for its pasta and other Italian dishes. They also have pizza that I've never tried, so this week I ordered pizza from there.
Bacon and Artichoke

Sausage, Peppers, and Olives

Roasted Chicken with Veggies

Calamari (yep, they forgot to add the calamari)

Sausage and Onions
First impression was that the pizzas were really really thin - maybe a little thicker than a tortilla. But, these pizzas might have the best toppings that I've had in a while. The roasted chicken was juicy. The veggies and the sausage was good too. If it were up to me, I'd give it a solid 5 for toppings. There wasn't a huge selection (I basically bought one of each one on the menu), but the limited selections were thoughtful and tasty. Keep in mind, this isn't a pizza joint. It's mainly a pasta restaurant that happens to have pizza.

I'm mixed about the crust. On one hand, the crust was crispy and thin enough that even after the pizza cooled for a little bit, the crust didn't get tough or soggy. On the other, I've probably got to eat a whole pizza (maybe more) to feel full. I'm saying like, a Chipotle burrito probably weighs more than a pizza from here. If you can get past the thinness of Palomino's crust, you'll enjoy some really nice toppings. Not everyone was as bothered by the crust as I was, which you can see in the ratings below. I'm not sure I'll be back there again for pizza, but it was nice to have some premium toppings, which some places seem to skimp on.


Average 3.959
Appearance 4.03
Aroma 3.538
Taste (Overall) 4.138
Crust 4.06
Cheese 3.52
Toppings 4.54
Sauce 3.79
Pepperoni Pizza (Overall) 3.7
Specialty Pizza 4.32
X-Factor 4.32
Menu 4.188

No comments:

Post a Comment